Center of European Legal Studies
The Center of European Legal Studies was created in 1972, on the initiative of the European Communities, within the Faculty of Law of the University Jean Moulin Lyon 3. Its initial mission was to receive the official publications of the European Communities and to give access to them to researchers and to the public.
Nowadays, the Center of European Lagal Studies pursues widened objectives :
- To facilitate the teaching of European law ;
- To contribute to the development of relations between University and other circles : administrations of State or regions, law professions, economic circles...
- To be a relay of the European Union, by offering to every person or institution, public or private, an exhaustive information source on the activities of the European Union ;
- To help students in Master’s degree or in doctorate and to promote individual and collective resarchs ;
- To organize seminars, summer schools and conferences and to publish their papers.
A Center for Documentation and Research
The CEE is a documentation center approved by the Union for information on european integration. It puts at your disposal :
- A workspace with computers, network and wifi access ;
- The official publications from the various institutions of the European Union (Official Journal, Reports of the Court of Justice, Publications of the European Parliament, Opinions of Committees, etc.) as well as those of the Council of Europe and Reports of delegations for European Affairs of the National Assembly and Senate ;
- About hundred thesis among 3 800 books on European Union Law and human rights ;
- A large number of journals of European Law and human rights.